From Tuesday 17 August 2021 - 10:00am
To Wednesday 18 August 2021 - 12:00pm
Hits : 228
Contact Sherri Belfon
When workplace infractions occur, especially where an organisational response is required – such as disciplinary action – the conduct of an effective and legally sound investigation is a vital component to this response. In fact, your organisation’s defence against litigation is only as strong as your investigation and whether you are a line manager, supervisor, HR professional or business owner, you may have a role in this process.
This practical session will go through the steps involved in conducting a successful, fair and legally defensible workplace investigation as well as the essentials of writing the subsequent report.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- What warrants an investigation.
- Why conduct an internal investigation.
- Principles of natural justice:
- The right to a fair investigation.
- The rule against bias.
- Understanding the difference between an investigation and discipline.
- Conducting an investigation in a remote environment: important factors to consider.
- The steps involved in conducting an investigation.
- Who conducts the investigation and writes the report? To whom is it submitted?
- Tense and terminology of the report
- Uniformity in the report
- Submitting the report for action and follow-up
- Supporting documents
- Writing an investigative report (Practical Session)
Tuesday, 17th & Wednesday, 18th August 2021
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
COST (Per Person)
$650.00 plus vat (Members)
$850.00 plus vat (Non-Members)
- Payment is required before meeting credentials are shared. Customers can now make electronic payments to us remotely via Online Bank Transfer. We encourage the use of this facility at this time, as our physical office remains closed due to ongoing restrictions on non-essential businesses.
- For payments made via Online Bank Transfer, kindly remit payment to the Employers Solution Centre, via Republic Bank account number 290-457-289-901 (Branch: Tragarete Road, Port of Spain). A COPY OF YOUR PAYMENT RECEIPT/CONFIRMATION is required in order to identify/allocate your payment and before sharing meeting credentials.
- Meeting credentials will be shared the day prior to the start of a session.
Location ONLINE Only via Zoom